Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Editing your life

My Life Needs Editing.... Mort Sahl

What does it mean to edit your life? My thought would be to delete the things that you don't need and work on the things that you do my making it more meaningful.

One thing that I am learning to delete is things. I am trying to work on things that I need and not so much want with the hopes of saving the money for a bigger desire. A NEW HOUSE

It's a battle that I fight with myself. I love cutesy stuff. I am addicted to Pinterest. I see all of these cool things that I want to do but never have enough time or motivation in the day to do them. So, like all new habits, I need to adjust and remind myself what my ultimate goal is and if I must "buy" something, I have the NEW HOUSE in mind.

A friend gave me some great advice about giving yourself subliminal messages. You know how you have to change passwords every so often. Make your new password a phrase or catch phase. For example if you were trying to exercise more. You could use "Ex3rcise" as a password. Type that enough and it just may get ingrained.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment